Friday, May 7, 2021

No housing help for a disabled Vet

Unless you’re a veteran who can afford a house in the hundreds of thousands. Or you can get a free house if you’re a disabled combat veteran or served during a combat war. 

But if you’re a disabled veteran on SSDI with a wife with three boys, one special needs you can’t get any help. My husband is a disabled veteran, with hearing loss who had a stroke in 2020 working two jobs. His left hand and leg still has paralysis from the stroke and here in a few months we’re going to be without a home. Our 85 year old landlord is selling the house we’re living in because his family says it’s time for him to retire. Veterans United approved us for a loan for 85,000. The problem with that is they will not approve of anything in the state of Michigan for that price. We have been trying house after house only to be told those houses would not pass.  For 85,000 you’re not gonna find something immaculate. So I reach out to Homes for Heroes in hopes maybe they could help us. But they have low balled us because even though we have savings they can’t help us until Nov 2021 when my husband gets his first SSDI check. It has made us ask why bother to keep trying? We want to give up because nobody wants to help us. A family who is in desperate need for a place to live and no one cares. Our disabled son is cognitive impaired and autistic and is already going to be making hard changes with changing schools and we will no longer living the home he has known for 13 years. Not to mention a whole new support staff (community mental health coordinator, doctor, behavioral therapist and psychologist). We will be starting new. But the hardest part of it all is we don’t know where we’re goin to live if we can’t get the VA to help us. It’s sad that not all veterans or disabled vets can get the same help as wounded veterans. My husband started to lose his hearing in the Coast Guard working on boats and flying on helicopters. It’s so bad he has to wear hearing aids. Yet we can’t get anyone to help us. We don’t want a free house. We just want a house for our family. Come June/July we won’t have anything. 

1 comment:

  1. All my life I've never seen anything that works as fast as the Dr.Okosodo spell. I am from New Jersey and my name is Angela after contacting Dr.Okosodo so I started to believe the saying that every coin has two sides. When my lover abandoned me, he swore never to return to me, but thank God, through Dr. Okosodo's help, I have my lover back to me within 48 hours and I also want other people who are with the heart. party get in touch with Dr. Okosodo through these details below which are via email: ( Drokosodo647@gmail.com ) or via ( Whatsapp at +2349050443678 ), then you can see the wonders of Dr.Okosodo

    ReplyDelete

No housing help for a disabled Vet

Unless you’re a veteran who can afford a house in the hundreds of thousands. Or you can get a free house if you’re a disabled combat veteran...