Sunday, June 10, 2012

Your probably wondering "what is with the name Finndian?"


Well I can answer that easily. It is a nickname from my older brother Norman. Why? He says its because we're Finnish and Native American. But I show the Indian more. So he told me one day I'm going to start calling you Finndian and it stuck.


Its unique and its who I am. I'm proud of both of my heritages and its not everyday that you come across one. I was told that on youtube when I did Native American issue videos. A few comments actually and one that made me smile big which was "Finnish and Native American sure make a great combination. Your husband is a lucky man". Oh and I was also told I resembled Bjork the Icelandic singer. My husband really got a kick out of that one. He loves Bjork. lol


I don't make Native American Issue videos anymore...


After my mom passed away I stopped doing them. Even though she always said "you're fighting for the rights of my people and I hope you never stop". The day she died I did a video to my subscribers (surprisingly I had almost 200) that I would be taking a break. Eventually I just stopped altogether because I didn't have the fight in me anymore. Maybe one day I will do them again. Right now my priority is my family.


I learned to take nothing for granted the past couple of years. My mom passed away of an stomach aneurysm and a year later my sister Deb was pinned between her vehicle and a friend who was trying to help get her car out of a ditch. Second worst day of my life... My moms death was the first.


After losing my sister Deb I have learned that you better be there for your family as much as possible because you never know what will happen tomorrow. My sister left behind two beautiful boys. To this day I see her in them and it makes it hard. She was my big sister.


Anyway this blog will be about my family, my kids, my Finnish and Native American heritages. It will be about a lot of things. I think this is good for me. Some days I feel like I have no one to talk to. Especially being the mom of a special needs child people can't really relate. Plus you gotta deal with people who don't want to be around because of that. Its too frustrating. So blogging might be my way of coping. 


If anyone reads this. Thank you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

No housing help for a disabled Vet

Unless you’re a veteran who can afford a house in the hundreds of thousands. Or you can get a free house if you’re a disabled combat veteran...